Brake repair and services
You rely on your vehicle’s braking system to help you slow down and stop in a safe manner. Without a properly working brake system, you can put the safety of yourself, your passengers, and other drivers on the road at risk. You can’t afford to leave your brakes to chance, so bring your car to the pros at Viking Automotive Advisors if you’re in need of inspections, repair, or brake service. There are several key warning signs your brakes will give you to indicate that you need to have an inspection or repair job performed.
Signs Your Brakes Need Repair
There are plenty of signs that your brakes might be in trouble, such as a shaky steering wheel or loud squealing sounds. While these are some of the most common red flags, there are lots of other issues that your brakes can present if they need some extra attention. Look for these warning signs and if you notice them, it’s time to schedule a brake inspection right away:
- When you press on the brake pedal, it feels spongy or you need to push down harder or farther than you normally do
- The vehicle tends to pull to the right or left, especially when you hit the brakes
- You notice strange noises or weird vibrations during braking
- There are grinding, squealing, or squeaking sounds when you brake
- The steering wheel is shaking whenever you get behind the wheel, or your car is wobbling or pulsating at highway speeds
- There have been 12,000 miles or a full year since your last brake inspection
- You’ve passed the number of miles that your manufacturer recommends to have a brake fluid exchange service
- The brake warning light on your dashboard comes on, and then stays on
- Your brakes seem to respond very slowly or they need extra pressure to get your vehicle to come to a complete stop
If you notice any of these warning signs, have your brakes inspected right away. You cannot afford to leave your brakes to chance and the longer you ignore the problem, the greater the danger becomes. At Viking Automotive, we can perform any brake repairs you need. We’re also happy to give you a full braking system inspection so you can be sure you’re driving in safety and in confidence. From replacing your brake pads to resurfacing rotors, our experienced technicians can work on the brakes of any make and model.
For all your vehicle repair and service needs including maintenance and A/C service, visit the professionals at Viking Automotive Advisors in Vero Beach, FL or give us a call today at (772) 213-0322.